Out of My Mind

Out of My Mind

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My weight plateau..

I find myself at a plateau.. I can't seem to break the 170 pound mark to move into the next 10 pound bracket.. I fluctuate between 170 and 172 depending on the time of day.. I would advise you never to weigh yourself right after getting out of the bath.. it's amazing how much water your skin soaks up.. From some of my Weight Watchers meetings I realised that all along I was in the wrong mind set like a lot of people that try different weight loss methods and fail... I had focused on the amount of weight I could lose over the course of a week so that I sometimes would not eat until after the weigh-in (and then proceed to go out to a fast food place after the meeting because I was so hungry.)..

Now I think about the long range plan and how to not only get the weight off but to maintain my way of eating so that I don't put it back on again.. that is such a major breakthrough in my thinking (and excuse me if I keep repeating it) that I find that there is no major struggle and I've been eating healthy for so long that it's just second nature.. and if I over eat like a I did at Christmas and gain 3 pounds then I don't throw in the towel and say "what's the use, I can't do this!"... instead I say.. "I enjoyed myself and now it's back on track".. not that I don't enjoy myself eating healthy and I find that the foods I really craved like sweets are not as attractive to me any more.. and I find that I can take a little sliver of cake instead of two or three huge pieces.. but I know myself well enough to know that I can't have a lot of that stuff in the house.. I'm not a complete fool.. lol.

My partner,Ron, had lost about the same amount of weight that I have, he cooks supper every night and we shop together and he's keeping an eye on his weight as well.. between us we have lost over 4o pounds and when we hug now our arms go further around each other. Ron has been off the cigarettes for over a year now and I'm so proud of him. Even our dog had lost some weight.. but she's such a hog about food that she eats the bread crumbs that we throw out for the birds.. ppphhttt... little piggy poodle.. haha.

No comments: