Out of My Mind

Out of My Mind

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

What is this thing.......????

What is this thing that sits on my desk with a twirly cord attached to it..??? I hear you can put it to your ear and talk to people far away.. I think it's called a PONE or something like that... been without a working communication device for so long now it's like some kind of alien being sittin on my desk.. and my ear tends to get sore when I talk to my daughter for more than an hour... never used to be like that.. what is with that?... and I forget it's there and when it rings (which is very seldom because people have forgotten me out here in the country since I've been gone from their speed dial) I get a fright at the clanging of it's internal bell.. and the more I've been without the more I think that the silence was great... but for that possible emergency or a need to make a hair dresser appointment (which to me is a call for immediate help).. I guess it's ok to have it around...

Speaking of hair dresser appointments, I have one this evening... my hairdresser was off on maternity leave (and so was my doctor.. hmmm.. strange).. and I found that the other hairdressers I tried have not been up to her standards.. hope it's not a case of remembered things being better than reality.. will let you know this evening how it all turns out... gotta go and go off to the job of jobs... later...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Phones are a pain in the rear!! At least with a cell phone, you can turn it on vibrate!

Kat said...

Are you one of those people that set your cell on vibrate and then get all your friends to call you?