Out of My Mind

Out of My Mind

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Who is that dweeb?

I left my partner, R. a voice message the other day and as I was listening to it to see if we had any other messages I realised that my voice sounds different coming from a place outside my head.. and let me tell you, it's not a nice melodic sound like I imagined, but a nasally, whiny, sounds-just-like-my-sister voice.. *shudder*.. when I pointed out to R. that I sounded like my sister L. he said "Yeah, I know" because, I guess, if my voice was coming at him from out of my head and not into my head, he could tell the difference... I further thought "and you're still with me?".. another mystery...

I remember when my, now 13 year old, granddaughter was a baby I videotaped myself laying on the floor and talking to her in babytalk.. I repeated Brrrrrittany, over and over again until I wanted to rip my own tongue out by it's roots.. I think I might have scarred the poor thing for life... I can't stand to look at that video to this day..

Now every time that I talk, especially on the phone, I can hear my own voice.. very distracting and disconcerting to say the least, and sometimes I'm so engrossed in listening to myself talk *and not in the usual good way*, I lose track of what I was saying.

1 comment:

My adventures said...

someone interviewed me for a film and i've had the finished copy for over a month and can't bring myself to watch it a 4th time... i've watched it 3 times for editing purposes but i can't bring myself to watch or even listen to it again... it's finished and better but the way i sound is frightening... could i be any gayer??? ha... of course i could... ha!!!