Out of My Mind

Out of My Mind

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Our Crazy Weather

Today was a gorgeous day.  I couldn't believe how warm it was.  Yesterday was just as gorgeous once the day got going.  Both days I worked on my flower beds [which seemed like a good idea when they were created but have proven to be a pain to maintain] I just have one more flower bed to go and that one is the most difficult because it's on a slant and so I can't really use my seat to work in it like I can the other flower beds.

My bum arm and sore back have caused the task to be more of a pain than necessary so it's slow going especially on one half of the front yard.  And I'm sure I'll be paying for it in the days to come.  But it had to be done and now was the day to do it.

This summer I'm considering putting in a vegetable garden, just a small one.  We were thinking of borrowing a neighbour's tiller to get the soil ready.  We need to see if I'm going to stick with it before we consider investing in a tiller of our own.  I'm all excited about it now but we'll see once the real work on it starts this summer.  Being retired hopefully will keep my motivated.

No comments: