Out of My Mind

Out of My Mind

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

You win some.. you lose some..

Being that we had such luck with the pot roast the other day we decided to make a ham and scalloped potatoes last night.. that was a complete flop.  The potatoes never did completely cook and the ham was so so.  I decided to take the left over ham and make a barley and dried peas, etc and ham soup.  The recipe I have makes a ton of the stuff so I'm hoping it turns out well and we can freeze some of it for later.

1 comment:

woodsmans wife said...

I think I would throw the not completely done potatoes and ham all in the crockpot with other veggies and broth to make a soup. It is amazing how long you can let a crock pot cook things and they really never get overdone...but it usually takes at least 6-8 hours on low to cook almost anything.
And pot roast sounds tasty. I love any of it with some home made rolls with real butter.