Out of My Mind

Out of My Mind

Monday, February 25, 2013

Either Feast or Famine

Excuse me for my erratic posting.. but that's just me.. gotta be why you love me, right??

Before Christmas we had two lines of credit, a car payment and a low interest loan for the renovations we did on the house a while back.  I don't work because of my back and so Ron went back to work for a few years to pay off some of our bills.  We got news that our bank, where we have the lowest interest rate, was raising our line of credit quite substantially.. so we paid off our low interest loan [which was still higher than our line of credit], our other line of credit at the other bank that wasn't a lot higher but still was higher, and we also decided last week to pay off the car... so now we have only one payment to make and we can take all the money we were stretching out over the other payments and put it all on the one payment.  Also, if something happens and we are short on money we can make a minimum payment for a month or so on just one bill so that would be a cushion to fall back one.. We figure we will be debt free in a couple of years and will trade in our car at that time.  It really feels like we have things more under control now.  *whew*.. [hope that's not one of those ''famous last words'' type of things.]

No comments: