Out of My Mind

Out of My Mind

Monday, February 25, 2013

MMMMmmm Coffee...

In addition to the new kobo ereader we also invested in a Keurig coffee maker.  Our old one was the kind that had a thermos instead of a glass coffee pot but we ended up wasting so much coffee.  I would get the coffee maker ready the night before and Ron would turn it on when he got up so he could have a cup or two before he left for work.  The only problem is that by the time I got up [I'm a late to bed and late to get up kind of girl], the coffee would be getting cool even in the thermos so that I had to nuke it in the microwave to get it hot enough to drink.  Then I would end up throwing half the pot of coffee away because it was never as good when it was reheated.

We also got a reusable little filter that we used to fill with our own coffee instead of getting the little pods. So the coffee is always very hot and fresh as we need it, no pouring half a pot of coffee down the drain and no wasteful coffee pods to dispose of.. So a win-win proposition.

No comments: