Out of My Mind

Out of My Mind

Monday, October 02, 2006

I did it.. wrote the email...

On Saturday night I took the big step.. I emailed management to tell them that I was going to discontinue working in the cash office and that they would have to train someone to take my place.. and suprisingly they took it well... it wasn't an easy thing to do because my job has been what has defined me for a long time.. and I took a lot of pride in a job well done.. but at the same time I now feel like I'm being used and the fact that I'm getting paid the same as the clerks that just work the counter has really started to bug me... It's funny, at one time I was very possessive of my job.. I didn't want anyone else to learn it as well as I did because I didn't want to give up the control.. but now I'm at a point where I want out... not just out of the cash office but I want to retire.. but that will be a few years in the making.. five at least.. so for now, anything that will lessen the pressure and stress is good for me...

Today was the day that I was supposed to start my morning walks with my sister. We walk a short distance from my work along a walking path that was created just for that and my sister, who's retired, takes her dog Toby with her.. makes a great way to start the morning and I'm hoping that getting some regular exercise will help to get rid of some the the flab I've accumulated over the last couple of years... But it was not to be.. you see, it started to rain... hard.. so hopefully it will clear off in the morning and we can start... R has been walking Missy and so he's getting a little exercise.. now it's my turn..

R and I have decided to do a cookathon on the weekends, we prepared a meatloaf, about 8 pork chops, and a big pot of potatoes. Then we did up some plates and froze them.. we put some frozen veggies in each one before we froze them and they are to be used during the week.. Next weekend we plan on cooking a variety of chicken dishes... that way we can overlap the frozen meals and as time goes on we can have a whole variety.. and it's more healthy to do them ourselves because we know what's in each one.. also we can control portion sizes, I find if I'm hungry I tend to prepare more food then we need... The chops were delish, I prepared them with some golden mushroom soup over top in the roaster... mmmm tender and tastey...

I called my best friend, L, who I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen for a very long time.. since we moved out to the country I just come home and crash... and a drive back into the city is not something I want to do... so I decided on the weekend that I would call L and ask her if she wanted to go out for dinner and a movie, my treat.. so Wednesday is the day... So I'm staying in for dinner and we're going to the movies after... should be great catching up on the news...

No comments: