Out of My Mind

Out of My Mind

Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Nephew's getting married next Saturday..

My Nephew's getting married next Saturday.. it's to be a momentous occasion for more than the usual reasons.. you see.. his fiance is Richie.. so it will be the first gay marriage in the history of our family..

It's to be my first same-sex wedding (that I'm attending, not participating in, not that I have participated in one either.. should I stop trying to explain myself.. because I'm even confusing me.. )..

Aaron has always been my favorite nephew *sorry to any of my other nephews that might also be reading my blog but life is hard so suck it up and deal with it* :/ I got to meet his fiance Richie who is just as sweet as Aaron. They seem to be made for each other because their personalities are so much alike.

Just a small observation, I was looking for a card for them the other day and I expected that it would be difficult to find one that didn't say "bride and groom" on it.. but I was pleasantly surprised.. the majority of them had the "happy couple" or words to that effect (happy couple - gay couple.. can you see the difference? I can't see the difference).

The only thing I'm a little worried about is the four to five hour drive and sleeping in a strange bed.. hope my back stays in alignment.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Well Hon i bet you will have fun
the couple seem nice. in my book who really cares if they are gay as long as they are happy.

i really only popped in to say thanks for saying that you like my tags.

just think i almost gave up psping altogether a few monthes ago, a ex friend had a go at me when i did a WWO (who wants one) on another group and not hers.

so she did what she does best try and hurt people she got me so mad i almost gave it up, but i met and friend on line got talking to her she loves my tags lol

im so glad that she talked me out of giving up because my blog wouldnt be here.

God knows what i would be doing with my time lol going nuts? lol
Kathy

jenne said...

Hi Kathryn, I am really enjoying reading your blog and seeing what your life is like on the other side of the world, I will pop back in regularly to say hello, xxx

My adventures said...

I love a good gay wedding!