Out of My Mind

Out of My Mind

Friday, April 27, 2012

It's raining.. finally, thank gawd.

It's been raining the last few days which is a relief because it's been so dry but it can stop now.. lol.  I've been weeding my final garden and it's never ending.  And now that it's raining not only the flowers are growing but so is the grass, in the garden, where I don't want it to grow.. arrrgghhh... Here are some pictures of my flowers that I took yesterday.  My Crocus are all gone now and the Hyacinths are in full bloom.  My tulips are ready to bloom which seems early to me but I can never remember  from one year to the next when things bloom.  First off, these are pictures of my heart shaped garden which is at the side of the yard.

*Click on the photos to enlarge for detail.

This is my heart shaped rock garden that I've been working on weeding for about a month now.  It seemed a good idea at first to have all those rocks in the garden but now that it's time to weed and pull grass from around all of them it's not such a smart idea after all.. lol


Heart shaped rock garden in progress.



These next three pictures are of my Grape Hyacinths.  They are lovely flowers but my asthma kicks in if I use them as cut flowers in the house because of their heavy scent.


Large Hyacinths



These are my poppies, so green and healthy looking.

Poppies.

These are various flowers coming up in between the rocks.


Some little Violets, they are very invasive.  So I have to pull most of them every year.  They are pretty though.
Violets.

The dollar store is a wonderful place.  I got this welcoming stepping stone from there.  I don't know how long it will last but for a dollar or two I'm not really concerned as long as it lasts the summer.

Welcome to my garden folks.

I'm not sure what these two flowers are but the smaller one in the back gets lovely purple flowers.  This time of year it seems that all my flowers are purple.. lol


No comments: