Out of My Mind

Out of My Mind

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Mmmm I love the smell of cooked lawn in the afternoon


Since we can't use chemicals on our lawns I decided to use a two fold method to kill some weeds on our lawn. There is a weed that has a small purple flower on it that is in just one patch on our lawn but is slowly creeping out to infest the rest of the lawn.

A neighbour suggested using vinegar on it [her lawn is infested so I suspect that she hasn't been following her own advice].  But this morning I thought, what the heck, and proceeded to spray the weeds with the vinegar.  Being the impatient person I am I struck on the idea of using our steam zapper machine to literally cook the weeds so I spent the afternoon steaming the lawn.. the neighbours were looking at me kind of strange but it seems to have done the trick.  Since it's supposed to rain for the next few days I won't be able to get back to do some more until the weekend.

No comments: