Out of My Mind

Out of My Mind

Monday, May 01, 2006

We're into May Already!??!

I can hardly believe it, we're almost half through this year. The older I get the older I get, if you get my drift. I can't seem to be able to relax and enjoy a certain age before I'm on to a new year. This year is the wonderful 55, I remember when I thought 40 was old!!! And that seemed like yesterday. Now even 65, R's age, doesn't seem so old... but I'm a grandmother of a 12 year old arrrrggghhhhh stop the world and let me off.. it's spinning too fast.... I'm afraid that I'll go spinning off into the great beyond before I realise that I'm gone.

As I'm sitting here typing I can hear my little miniate Poodle, Missy, oinking in her sleep.. I swear I'm not lying.. I think she must have been kidnapped by a band of roving pigs when she was a pup..

Did you know that if you pay an extra $70. a month on your mortgage that you can literally drop YEARS off of your end date?... I know, I was shocked too.. we just started doing that last month and will do it again next year and it looks good for it to be paid when I retire in 5-6 years.. ahh the best laid plans of mice and men eh?... At least we can dream. We hope to get a new car in the next year.. I'm hoping for a Toyota Yaris but we're going to start test driving when I start my holidays in August... and we're going to take a note pad along to make pros and cons lists for each one... (did I tell you I was hoping for a Yaris?).

2 comments:

Earl said...

The older you get, the faster life goes.

I'm not yet thirty and I feel like I'm speeding into middle age.

It feels like just yesterday I was playing in the sandbox.

Kat said...

Not yet thirty!!.. from reading your blog I got the distinct feeling that you are much older (you seem to have so much life experience for one so young!!).. not that I thought that you were old or something.. (do you think that you could lend me a crowbar to get this foot out of my mouth?).. Kat