Out of My Mind

Out of My Mind

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Well it finally happened.. the dams broke today and my nerves got the better of me.. my boss was telling me that the job in the cash office was taking too long and that it wasn't acceptable to have to take the whole morning to do the cash... and wanted to know what needed to be done to make things faster... she kept saying it "wasn't acceptable that we were taking so long"... well this person, who's normally the rock and takes things in stride, finally broke.. and I started to cry and couldn't stop.. in fact I had to come home to settle down..

My manager kept apologising and saying that I was doing an excellent job and they didn't know what they would do without me.. and she said the reason that the time wasn't acceptable was because the new system was supposed to make the job quicker and in fact it's taking twice as long.. and she agreed to let us have as much time as I needed to get the job done.. (I know I ended up making her feel like shit but I couldn't help it)

I'm still very emotional because I felt at the time that she was telling me that I wasn't doing my job and in fact that I was slacking off.. which couldn't be further from the truth.. most mornings when I'm in the cash office I don't even get away for a break .. She said it was good in a way that I broke down because it gives her more of an idea what we're going through where as before she thought we had it all under control because I was always so calm.. She begged me to come in tomorrow even if it was for the morning because the other cashier is off then and the next week.. So I'll give it a try but I hope I feel better because quite a while ago (about 10 years or so).. I had to take 2 and 1/2 months off because of stress and I really don't want to deal with that shit again... Kat

1 comment:

My adventures said...

i hope your boss got it... sometimes we all need to freak out a little so everyone who thinks we're so calm can see how bad it all is... i hope this works out for you... every seen 9 to 5... you should check out getting some skinny and sweet... one day, you'll get to run the whole joint... then retire with the big bucks... good luck...dbv