Out of My Mind

Out of My Mind

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Can you take this? Can you take this?.. how about this?

Today at work was a test.. to see how much shit we can take without snapping , turning on each other and gnawing our limbs off to escape the jaws of a huge government leg trap.. never mind the fact that we processed over a cool half mil in property tax payments in one day in addition to the other monies taken on for other departments.. does that mean anything to the government?.. do any of us 10 employees on the front lines get a bonus or even a token prize for handling over 400 hundred customers and raking in all that revenue?..

you bet ya.. we get to come in a half an hour earlier tomorrow because they are launching a new computer program.. and to top it off we have to stay after and do up the deposit using the aforementioned new program.. and being that we're multi-tasking, multiple government service providing, work till we drop fools without the right to strike we gotta grin and bear it and take lots of nice happy pills to get us through the day..

Ain't working grand.. and people wonder why I'm planning my retirement?... Am I crazy? Have I lost my mind? why people are lining up to replace me... NOT!.. for some strange reason they can't find people to work in our department.. do you think it might be because we're over worked and underpaid?... hmm maybe not..

Mainly it's because we're loved by the public like all other government workers and the fact that JQ Pubic will have to wait for a longer period while we learn the new system shouldn't upset them too much considering we have pampered them over the last few years to the point that if they have to wait an extra 10 minutes they're tapping their toes and looking at their watches ... so tomorrow and the weeks to come will really prepare me for my holidays.. do you think that I'd be able to take an extra month or so off instead of the two weeks that I have planned?

I wish the lottery corporation would hurry up and draw our numbers like they promised.. you can't depend on anyone....

1 comment:

My adventures said...

veni vidi comment... my god, you guys should get a percentage of what you rake in... ha... i bet then you'd have people in line for that job... where ya going on your holiday? dbv