Out of My Mind

Out of My Mind

Sunday, July 30, 2006

getting better every day....

This old body is recovering nicely, thank you for asking... my neck is mostly ok now but my right arm is a bit stiff, I think it's from overcompensating the last couple of days.. but it looks good for going back to work tomorrow... big whoop...

Over the last few weeks I've taken the time to sit down and type out all the services we provide, the departments we provide services for etc, and the numbers are astounding.. we provide over 200 services for 20 seperate government departments and 28 or so divisions.. we provide services for 7000 customers and we take in from 100, 000 to close to a million dollars every month in our office alone... that freakin' blows my mind.. and we're very much underpaid for what we do.. the reason we were getting all this information together was because we are trying to be reclassified.. granted we're getting paid a lot more than the private sector here in this province but they keep heaping on new duties without raising our rate of pay and I don't think that's right... we should be ready to present this information to the board in a couple of weeks.. and if it doesn't create some change I know a lot of people whose morale is going to be rock bottom.. and a few who may end up going on stress leave soon.. not that the money would releave the stress that much but at least it may attract more people to want to work in our department if our wages matched the work done... we'll see how that goes...

No comments: