Out of My Mind

Out of My Mind

Sunday, July 16, 2006

The wedding went well

The wedding went off well, the weather was wonderful and I got misty a few times because they had a slide show of them growing up.. it was so cute and touching.. they are only around 30 years old and they have been dating for 14 years, have lived together for a year and are so very much in love.. in this day and age it's so good to see.. and the meal was only an hour late .. good thing a few of us went to the bar between the time of the wedding and the meal (a 3 hour span of time) and had some munchies... the meal was wonderful and during the meal instead of clicking glasses to get them to kiss the master of ceremonies said there was a wheel that people were to spin and perform some kind of trick before they would kiss.. some of the things were walk like a duck, ride a tricycle, sing a song, or donate money to the cancer society (they had family members die of cancer).. all in all it was fun and very cute.. but during the wedding ceremony I almost lost it because on the back of the booklet they had made up saying who was in the church service the groom had put this to his late mother..

"My Wedding Day Wishes For My Mom"
If the sun is high and bright on my wedding day
I know that you have made it so, you want it just that way.
The warmth of your love will flood from you along with the heat of the sun;
sharing that wonderful moment with us, a day filled with bliss and fun.
But if the rain is pouring down, I'll know that they are tears from you,
though within your heart's heart you smile.
Sorrow because you cant be here, to see your son a joyful groom.
Mother I hope you're happy for me, that I fill your heart with pride.
I'd like the day to start warm and bright, 'til my love and I wed,
then the tiniest of heaven's tears to fall upon the wedding party's heads,
then for the sun to return again as the photographs are took
and I'd know for sure you'd be watching me and to heaven I would look.

Oh My Gawd.. I'm breaking down typing this.. sentimental old fool that I am...

On a lighter note.. the bride mistakenly put the grooms ring on the wrong hand.. and she said after the ceremony outside "Do you think it's still legal?"... too cute..

1 comment:

My adventures said...

too cute... and very touching...dbv